Pages

Friday 25 January 2013

[Review] What do I like about my GT128?

Hello riders.

In this post i will share about my Modenas GT128 performance and what makes me too happy to be the owner of this machine.

Exhaust GT128

The first time I start the engine, I know I just love the sounds from its exhaust. Its not too loud but not too slow like Yamaha Lagenda or Honda Wave. Its some sort of telling that its just a normal motor, but hide the aggressiveness inside.
When i pull the throttle i can feel the torque coming from the engines. As if it ready to start the trip on the road. When the wheel start to rolling, wow..the feeling is really good. The engines smooth and the only things you can hear is the sounds from the exhaust. I notice that this motor is quite high compare to others motor s i've been riding. But the stands are perfectly position so you will feel really comfortable on your seat.

Exhaust break disc Gt128
Exhaust GT128 produce impressive sound


Stability

I try take a corner and its feel so stable. This is because the handle is quite heavy. Its give us a better control when we take any corner. At the end of the handle have two shining balancer. Other than its function to balance the handle,it also give a cool appearance to this motor.


A pair of Break Disc

Two break disc,front and rear, are giving you a more than safety compare to any other motorcycle under 150 cc class. Not even Yamaha FZ150 have two break disc like this GT128. The rear break will give you a tire screeching on the road if you excessively step on it. For those who never use break disc maybe will feel little shock when the break grip on your wheel. But it not for long before you can adapt to it. Maybe your front break will not been use so much.

Front Disc Brake GT128
Tubeless tire and front break Disc


Tubeless Tire

The tubeless tire are very quality. Some GT128 owners complain that the original tire are too hard and can disturb the stability when taking a corner. Maybe they right,but for me its not a problem since I don't take any corner in high speed. For me the tire hardness is an added value for the quality. Its proved when I ride the motor from my home town to Johor Bahru. At my home, I notice that the tire is having a hole but its too small to see by eyes. What did I do is I just pump the tire, and start the journey to JB on a 300 km trip. And the tire never run flat on the road. I just frequently stop at any gas station to pump the tire.

Digital meter Display

The last superb feature on this motorcycle is its display meter. Its bring the whole new level in moped scene in Malaysia when Modenas introduce the RPM meter on this GT128. You can see the RPM rev when we pull the throttle. But there is more.The specialty of its display panel continue by the digital display. The digital display show the clock, the petrol indicator, trip meter, battery display and also odometer.Such this feature are common in superbike class, but for moped class its very cool and no other moped manufacturer can compete in this .

There's a lot more i could tell you, but i think its enough for now. Every motorcycle has its own specialty.
While maybe Modenas GT128 has its own lack, but the above feature make this machine are cool enough for us to love it.










No comments:

Post a Comment